Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Ohio

by Jeni

We're cozying up to the third day of Christmas here in NW Ohio and enjoying a balmy 60 degree day. It's a bit of an anomaly, but I'll take it! We're off to Toledo to buy some glasses. Real glasses for Colin and Ray Ban Wayfarers for me. Can't wait!

On the second day of Christmas, aka Boxing Day, we slept in, played video games, watched movies and Colin made yummy spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Oh, and I got a shot of steroids for an allergic reaction from a wasp sting.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, the new Nina Simone boxed set! We slept in and enjoyed a great day. We went with Colin's mom to go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and loved it!

On Christmas Eve, we had a great meal of prime rib, parmasean smashed potatoes, vino and all good things. We went to church as well.

On the day before Christmas Eve, our first full day in Ohio, I got stung by a huge wasp (I know, in December, weird), hung out with Colin's amazing high school friend Ben in Findlay for some last minute Christmas shopping and some amazing Indian Food. We also snuggled in and watched a movie from Cate & Ioan: "Catch a Fire". Ioan and Cate gave Colin and me three South African movies, which is the best gift this girl could ask for!

I'm still on rest mode and plan to be for quite some time. Hope your days are merry and bright and that all your Christmases are white (with snow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home