Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trepidation as a Prospective Member of the Luther community

by brian


Hello, I am soon to be a member of the so-called Luther Seminary community. I am not entirely sure what to expect from this experience. Will I be accepted for who I am? I wonder too if I’ll really learn what I need to learn to make a go of it in my vocation. I feel called to arrive here and called to explore God’s claim on my life in baptism, but it’s cold in Minnesota and where I’m coming from is pretty warm by comparison. I wonder if the food will be any good compared to home? And will I be able to access the ‘creature comforts’ I enjoy where I’m now living? I hear seminary can be a lot of navel gazing and I’m not sure if I’m entirely ready for that yet. I honestly have not spent much time pondering that one. And what if I fall down regularly, I mean with the ice and snow and hills around campus? What I’m trying to say is that there is a lot of discernment going on for me and if you’re considering coming to Luther Seminary to pursue a call in some form of ministry or another, you may have many of the same questions that I do.

I, however, am a fetus. Brian and Natalie are expecting me around November 20th but I’m full term on Tuesday so it could be any day. Then we’ll see about doing some discernment Luther style.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!!

10/23/2007 01:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home