Monday, November 27, 2006

Order from the Chaos

by Aaron

I would like to introduce you to three of my heroes.

Charles, the Clark County, Wisconsin deputy sheriff.

Al, the tow truck driver.

Julia, the tow truck driver's wife.

They are all doing God's work.

When this world's vicissitudes send a deer into your right headlight going 65 mph at 9:30 on a rainy night in the middle of Wisconsin, God sends you some lovin' in the form of Charles, Al, and Julia, the folks who helped me after a deer decided to end it all head-butting my fender on US-29 yesterday. (Perhaps, the tension of hunting season was just too much to bear. But, I digress.) The good and gracious will of God is done when God defeats and hinders every evil, even those accidental mishaps. God send Charles, Al, and Julia to help clean up the mess and get me back on my feet.

The friendly people at Geico were there too, sent straight from God's car insurance people. They're doing Godly work, restoring order when a little chaos was injected into my life. Furthermore, politeness and genuine kindness is alive and well at some call center in the middle of Texas. (Every person with whom I spoke has had a Southern accent.)

I am thankful that I was not hurt. I am very grateful too for seeing all these people building up order, restoring things, cleaning up the mess, helping me out. I was a little scared before, ignorant of what happens when accidents happen. Not that it's over, but I have seen all those wonderful people God has called to help restore order when some chaos creeps into one's life. It's rather like ice-skating or downhill skiing for the first time. One can never really perform confidently until one has wiped out at least once. This first fall teaches us two lessons: 1) Minor accidents hurt a little, but you'll live through them. Use them as a learning opportunity. 2) Mishaps hurt you. Work to prevent them.

Thank you God for Charles, Al, Julia, the folks at Geico, and my good friends, Amy, Amber, and Julie, for coming to the middle of Wisconsin to pick me up late Sunday night.

If you are helping people put order back into chaotic situations, you are doing God's work. Thank you for getting life back on track. It's a holy occupation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy Behrendt said...

Wow. You must have hit that deer right around the same time my wife and I were passing through that stretch of Highway 29. Glad you're OK.

11/28/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger butterfliesarefree said...

There have been times that you have proven to our knight in shining armor, but sometime your knights have to be damsels in pajamas.

11/28/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haaaarrrrrrrroooon

You are too funny...

"Richard"

11/30/2006 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home