Monday, April 05, 2010

Holy Week

by Scott Dalen

Holy Cow...where did Holy Week get off to?

Somehow, we've made it to Monday already...but hey, Christ Has Risen right? So I guess that's good chicken.

I feel very blessed that classes were not in session last week. I needed to break for two reasons. The first is simply because I needed the break. It seems as if this semester has been a rough one. Although in retrospect I think I've said the same thing every semester.

The second reason I needed the break is because I was way busy at church this week. Tuesday night I spent a couple hours practicing the Living Last Supper. I was James...the brother of John...My brother and I both followed Jesus....

Oh wait, sorry. I got a little carried away there.

Wednesday night and Thursday night we actually performed it, so that took up those two nights. Friday was, of course, Good Friday, and I assisted with that service. I had a small reading part...the 7th Word...the end. Also, I assisted with stripping the alter. That's an interesting thing to do, although it wasn't the first time. I did the same a year ago as well.

Saturday morning I was at the church for a little while doing some prep work for Sunday morning. I was doing a voice-over monologue/video from Peter's perspective regarding the death of Jesus. This opened the service yesterday. But I needed to get everything ready for it, mainly making sure the video was going to work on the big-screen. Everything seemed to be in order, so then I pulled out the ladder so I could scamper up the great big cross in our narthex and change the colored drape that hangs. Had to put up white...it's Easter after all.

Yesterday we were up dark and early. That's the thing about the sunrise service...if you're going to be on time, you have to get up while it's still dark.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate getting up while it's still dark? Well I do...but that's beside the point.

The sunrise service went very well, and I was surprised at how well my monologue lined up with the sermon that the pastor preached. We talked just a little bit about our respective parts, but certainly didn't collaborate on them. However, there were a lot of points that really fit together well.

I'm going to give credit to the Spirit on that one.

But, now Easter is done. Back to the grindstone again. I need to put my Hebrew thinking cap back on again...Shalom...yah...that's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home