Sunday, September 16, 2007

ball...bat...josh

by brian

My name is Toby Joshua Julin-McCleary but mostly I like to go by "just josh." I like life here at Luther Seminary. There are lots of balls to play with, which is nice as this is my principal interest: kicking, throwing, hitting, sitting on, heading, and rolling balls. I also like to play with my friends Josh and Matt.

Living here at Luther is sweet because I have a lot of nice adults around to hang out with me, laugh with me, and to whom I can say, "Hallo," "Bye," and "Pease" when they possess something which I think should be possessed by me, i.e. candy, hats, and you know, balls.

I also enjoy sneaking into classes with my dad. Don't tell the registrar as I have not yet paid the $1,000 per credit hour. I figure it's my chance to "stick it to the man." Of late I've been digging on Pannenberg and his whole thing about Christ pulling us toward the future. Which reminds me, I'm looking forward to the parousia.

My dad and I go on lots of walks because I'm home with him during the day while my moms earns the benjamins. She works as an administrative assistant, which she enjoys but says that it is "a heckuva lot different than my former work on the offshore oil rig." Life is like that she says, some things change and others stay the same. On walks, dad and I like to go to the bank and the local grocery mart and the library and one of a couple nearby coffee shops. It's nice having walking access to several of modern American life's necessities. A Baby Gap (my dad insists it's all I wear) nearby and I'd be set!

If you come to Luther be sure and say hello. I may even give you a friendly head butt if you ask.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An off-shore oil rig, huh? Creative choice of work, I'd say. I like the bit about Baby Gap, too. Well done, Toby!

9/17/2007 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm Meta's future sister in law, and enjoy reading all about "Life at Luther". I find it all quite intriguing, since there is such an eclectic mix of people there. I had to leave a comment for "just Josh" however---you are a darling and very smart little man. Oh, and a sharp dresser if you shop at Baby Gap! ;-) (Keep on going to class with you dad too, because for all of us who have paid tons of money for college and/or grad school, it's nice to "stick it to the man" once in awhile!!!)

9/17/2007 01:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Toby sure has developed quite a vocab since Kevin and I left. Que impressivo!

9/23/2007 04:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching "Just Josh" Boogie at church tonight. Apparently, Toby would be very happy if church were more like an Arcade Fire concert...hmmmm...that would make a great blog...

10/07/2007 08:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home