Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Has anyone seen this cow?

by SarahSE

It has been quite a busy time in the life of this Luther seminarian, let me tell you! Has anyone mentioned lately that it is March already? I can't believe it. After the crazy snow days and the hours of waiting for phone calls regarding my assignment (see earlier posts), the sun is out and the time has zipped by. March is always a month of transition. Of course there is the obvious, the transition from winter to spring. But it is also the month when the 6-week classes end and the next group of 6-week classes begin. It's a time of transition for sports fans (from what I hear, I don't actually watch any sports). Personally, I am also transitioning into a new frontier in my own life--being a senior a few months away from graduation.

I find myself balancing an interesting and odd blend of activities right now. Of course, there is coursework, which has not been getting as much attention from me as it should. (Shhhh! Don't tell my professors!) Then I am also anxiously awaiting the next steps in the assignment and call process. I know I am going to California! (Yay!) I just don't know where or when exactly (not so yay.) Then I am also in the throws of helping to plan and coordinate the Second Annual Variety Show and Silent Auction at Luther next week. So I find myself going from studying the Revivals of the Norwegian Lutheran Church in the 19th century, to learning how to dress for an interview with potential churches (which apparently means I have to leave my leather and chains at home...bummer), and then to trying to find a cow costume for someone to wear for the meat raffle for the auction. A conversation about what I feel deep in my heart that God is calling me to do, followed by a discussion of a song about weasels for the variety show. Not typically two conversation topics that interrelate, but in the case of my life they do. C'est la vie!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,

Sounds like the cows and papers are leaving you delusional; but I'm happy to hear that you are delerious about going to CA. I hope you keep in touch friend! Centerville, SD is another great place for a first call:)

Trish B.

3/12/2007 04:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home