Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I will ….drive… by faith?

by Marissa

OK , now we all know the phrase “I will walk by faith”; and many of us have told this to ourselves and to others, when situations arise that we have trouble seeing how God is present. This was exactly the case for me Sunday night, when we got hit with our first serious snow storm. I am not a Minnesotan native, and realize that 4-7 inches may not exactly be considered serious. However, when you are driving in the midst of the snowfall, with three kids from your youth group, on streets that are neither salted nor plowed, at night- the snowfall BECOMES SERIOUS.

Due to the windshield icing up, and the debris from the cars in front of me, my visibility was extremely limited. My only saving grace was the taillights in front of me. I imagined them as angels leading me to safety. Two little red dots, the taillights, were all that I could focus on to keep me on the road and in the correct lane. The students and I were about 30 miles away from our own church. We were in Hugo attending a Hip Hop worship service that is put on by Hosannah Lutheran Church. On the way there and on the way home, I just kept praying that God would take care of us.

It was that night that I truly understood what it meant to drive by faith. And driving by faith is a little harder than walking by faith. With driving there are a whole lot of other factors to worry about. Now, we made it home safely, and I have to believe that on Sunday night, many angels were working overtime, watching over and protecting those who had no other choice but to just follow those two little lights in front of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home