Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's the end of the semester as we know it, but I don't feel fine

by SarahSE

As you faithful Life at Luther blog readers have probably noticed there haven't been any new postings in awhile. That's because it is the end of the semester and it has been crazy! I have only one paper left to write before I am home free for Christmas break, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Why does that happen? One paper! That's all. But my brain seems to have turned to mush and I can't motivate myself to work on it anymore. In this case I did not save the best for last, I saved the paper I am most worried about for last. So I am writing this blog as a way to procrastinate any further work on this one particular paper.

One week ago I believed it would take a small miracle to complete everything I had left to do before I head home. Now, slowly but surely, I have worked my way up to the last 24 hours and the last written assignment. It's the brink of freedom. I'm so close, yet it seems so, oh so, far away from two weeks of sleeping in and reading for fun. It's amazing the many other things I seemed to have found time for in the last couple of days, knowing full well I should be working on this paper. I found time to wrap all of my Christmas presents. I have found time to sort through and file old paperwork that has been sitting in a pile for months. I have found time to dust every surface in my apartment and run updates all the software on my computer. But there just hasn't seemed to be time to write this paper for some reason...hmmmm...

For now I have to just keep my eye on the prize and my nose in the books and hopefully soon this will all be in the past. Why does it just seem like such an impossible task all of the sudden???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home