Friday, September 08, 2006

We all have a story to tell

by SarahSE

I have to admit that it has been really amazing to meet or reconnect with so many people this week! The thing that I have learned about seminary students in my time here is that there is no one "cookie-cutter" type of seminary student. We all come from different walks of life with unique stories to share. First Week is a good reminder that God uses all kind of people to do God's work in the world. Even though I have been away from Luther for 2 years, I still feel incredibly tied to the community here. One new student I spoke with left behind a comfortable job with a stable income to follow the call he said he had been feeling for years-- which is something that I admire. It's also been exciting for me because several students from my internship site (Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD) have come up to attend seminary at Luther. I like being the familiar face in the crowd for them.

And then there are all of the old friends and classmates that I haven't even seen for so long. So many of them have gone through incredibly important life changes, like getting married or having children, so it has been wonderful to hear their stories and then, in turn, to share my own. I got to see my friend Sean, who is on internship here in the Twin Cities this year, and hear about his new daughter and his move to a new home. It's neat to know that God sends us all over the place and yet we can all come back here together and share in the common bond--the joys and frustrations-- of having been seminary students together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home