Monday, March 22, 2010

A Rapid Turn Around

by Scott Dalen

Yesterday afternoon was a bit of an up and down. It started off with a nap, which is always wonderful. Once the kids got up, I was hanging out with them alone as my wife was at the church for a meeting. The plan was to head out to the church about 5 for a potluck Mexican meal highlighting one of our members mission work that he does down south.





Everything was going along great. We got out there and were sitting at a table socializing, mainly with our day care lady and her husband who also go to our church. I got a kick out of the people that were trying to get the tv to display what they wanted.



The thought went through my head "How many Lutherans does it take to turn on a tv?"

I think the final answer turned out to be about 7, but don't quote me on that.

The end of the joke came around a couple minutes later when my daughter promptly threw up all over the table we were sitting at. Fortunately, we didn't have any food yet. So the wife and son stayed there and had supper, and I took her home to get cleaned up.

I'll give her credit, she was a trooper through it. I put her in the bathtub and got her in her jammies and she planted on the couch while I did up some laundry. She got up by herself and walked into the bathroom a couple times, thinking she was going to throw up again. But both times were false alarms. However, the third time was not.

The good news, she seems to be okay this morning. We didn't have any issues over night and though she is staying home today, I think she's on the mend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home